Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sorry, I Just Blogged in My Pants

Yeah, I'm not really sure what that means. It's kind of gross, but it made me laugh. And it is true. I'm blogging and I'm wearing pants, so I just blogged in my pants.

Anyway, I just feel like blogging since I can't fucking write anything else to save my soul right now. Can't focus. So I am going to spend the rest of the day doing some hard core cleaning because I'm Finnish and nothing makes me happier than a clean house.

Oh! For my fellow Finns out there I'd like to wish you a Happy St. Urjo's Day! I don't know if my Mom made it up or if it is a true thing or if its just a thing my Mom's family did but every year my Mom would wear something purple the day before St. Patrick's Day (That's March 16th for the slow ones out there) to celebrate the facetious Finnish holiday commemorating St. Urjo's heroic feat of driving the grasshoppers out of Finland. Yeah, no one said the Finns were famous for their sense of humor. Frankly, no one ever said the Finns were famous, period. BUT I am proud of both my Finnish and my Irish heritages! So, today I will clean my house, wear purple, talk on my cell phone, have a vodka and contemplate suicide and tomorrow I will wear green, be an instigator, drink beer and lay a heavy guilt trip on my son.

So you have two days to raise a glass to me! Your favorite Finnish Irish redhead!

2 Comments:

Blogger X said...

Are you kidding? Of course St. Urho's Day is real. Cokato has a parade.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Bree O'Connor said...

Somehow I knew your Finnish Adjacent upbringing would come out to comment. Just because the Finns in Cokato celebrate it doesn't make it more than a Cokato Finn kind of thing.

My Mom always spelled it with a "j", but I think that's because she's a closet Latina.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter