Saturday, February 25, 2006

OOOWWWWW!!!

For those of you keeping score, this will be my fourth back injury since October of 2004.

Back pain sucks and I wouldn't have it if I were just a little more patient and just a little more willing to ask for help. I've got a stupid macho streak a mile wide. So I can't make fun of anyone else who does stupid shit because they think they can handle it.

It was a lot more fun when I hurt myself falling offstage and cracked my coccyx. The residual pain from that incident prompted my chiropractor to refer to the malady as a "cumulative sitting injury". Yeah, my friends had a good time with that one. But this serious lumbar issue that I have (and the subsequent inability to lift and carry) isn't as funny. Even so, when catch my reflection in the kitchen window and see myself slumped over and limping to favor my right side I can't help but point and laugh at the idiot I see. I swear, someday you're going to read about me on one of those links on your homepage titled "Dumbass tries to move desk stuck to carpet, breaks ass".

Okay. Time to apply heat and beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter