Saturday, February 11, 2006

I Haven't Listened to Janice in a Really Long Time

I really haven't.

I used to listen to tons of Janice.

Now I'm back into a Ray Charles state of mind.

After a brief stint with Etta James and an occasional visit with Louis Jordan, cuz' What's the Use of Gettin' Sober When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again?

Of course, Tom Waits and Bob Dylan never really leave my mind, even when I'm listening to someone else.

But, I kind of miss Janice.

She makes me want to do a lot of screaming. Well, screaming and drinking mostly. Usually alone. Otherwise you just can't fully appreciate the rambling on Ball and Chain. And Bobby McGee always sounds better at about 3:00 am once your voice is completely shredded from hard liquor and senseless cursing at strangers outside your bedroom window. Stupid fuckers. Don't you GET it man? Let's say you have a cat, man...

But at least with Ray, life can suck hard but you've got a killer bounce and some hot chicks in sequins to back you up. Hey, maybe life isn't so bad after all?

Dude, I think I need me some Pips. Yeah, so I can leave on that Midnight Train to Georgia (Woo woo!) with some strapping lads in tight polyester. Oh baby. It may not be sequins, but the voices are a hell of a lot lower.

Aw, they just don't make 'em like they used to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter