Monday, February 06, 2006

Sick Day

My Fella is sick today and home from school for the first time ever. (Perfect Attendance KING!) I wonder if it is totally wrong that I am happy to have a snuggly movie day with a puking child. I was working all weekend and barely saw him. Not to mention that I don't get much kid snuggling action anymore because he's too busy being a boy. So I'm going to do this sick day up right, homemade chicken noodle soup (Oh yeah, I said homemade- like three hour stewing in the pot homemade!), popsicles, pedialyte and saltine crackers. We're going to steam him, rub his back, and have some serious vapo-rub. I'm pulling out all the mothering stops because this kid is healthy as an ox. The way things have been in the last four years I can't expect too many opportunities like this to smother him up right and make any other woman who enters his life pale in comparison to St. Mom. Yeah, totally selfish, but he's my boy. I'm so crazy about this kid.

You know why?

Because he loves Jacob Marley and will run around the house with a platic chain draped over his shoulders chanting "Repent! Repent!". Because he is totally Warner Brothers and not so much Disney. Because he knows who Chico is and wants a Chico hat. Because he always plays the bad guy, but in real life is the sweetest kid you'll ever meet. Because he put his arm around his friend Chloe and told her, "You know, Chloe, when I get older you'll still be in my life." Because he's four and has been married three times. Because I can see all of my family and all of Tom's family in his handsome little face. Because we named him after a bare knuckle boxer and his grandpa. Because he has no trouble wearing a sequin gown when he has playdates with his girlfriends. Because he loves his teacher and is a bit of a suck up. Because he is so dramatic. And because he is begging me to sit down and watch Foghorn Leghorn with him.

Yeah, that's my boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter