Friday, February 10, 2006

Strikes Me Funny

When I was in high school I dated this guy who was sort of a Hessian Boob. After I broke it off with him, we maintained a fairly close friendship. Close enough for him to include me in his evening of telephone braggadoccio after he had lost his virginity. I remember this conversation distinctly because he said something to me that was so strinkingly silly that it is still on my top ten list of strange things ever said to me.

"You should have sex, Bree. You'd really like it."

Although the sentiment strikes me as a tad amusing what is even funnier to me is my response. My response was the same as to any other recommendation I've gotten in my life.

"Bree, you have got to get email. You'd really like it."

"You need a pager/cell phone/ DVD player/ iPod!'

"You should do yoga/pilates/rolfing/Scientology!'

"You really should start a blog..."

On and on and on it goes. Sometimes I take the reccommendation because I know so and so really knows what I would like. Sometimes I act enthused and then just chuck the idea altogether. But regardless of the end result my initial response is always the same...

I know! I know! Of course I see how Item X would enhance my life, but then I'd have to make an effort to make that happen. Can't I just sit back and do what I've always done? And what if I DO really like it? Then I might never want to stop and then my life will be a total mess. It's probably better than I don't ever start.

You know, I'm usually right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter