Thursday, September 21, 2006

An Update And Some Loose Ends

Well, I put up my first bit of work in my technique class today. I was surprisingly nervous, although it makes sense in retrospect. After all, I've been officiating acting exercises for some years now and this has been the first opportunity that I've had in almost 6 years to be a student and not a teacher. It can be pretty scary to do something you've been doing for so many years as an "expert" under circumstances that might prove you to be a fraud.

So far, I'm happy to say, I'm not a fraud. I am as technically proficeint as I think I am. Hey, don't knock it. That is a big deal. I faced a big fear today and I am going to be busy the rest of the day patting myself on the back. Because I'm good enough and smart enough...

Although, I don't know if people really like me. Which brings me to an unpleasant piece of business. I'm thinking about turning my comments off. I was actually going to do it today, but now I think I am going to be giving some warning. If I do turn it off I will still keep my email available should you have a real need to express something or share some idea with me or even just keep in touch because you honestly like me. But mostly, I've been feeling abused and in keeping with my new outlook on life and being aware of what I am inviting into it, I am making it clear that I am inviting you to interact with me in a friendly way. I will also resist the urge to be a bitch right back. That's not behavior that I would like to have in my daily repertoire. This does not mean that you cannot disagree with me. It just means that you'll have to think about WHY and HOW you express yourself to me. Don't disrespect. Frankly, I hate to turn it off, and I am considering the possibility of keeping it but if you just want to insult me or dip my braids in the inkwell then you'll have to find someone else to pick on.

Because I am not an idiot.

In fact, I'm pretty fucking fabulous and I expect to be treated accordingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter