Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Where Di d THAT Come From?

My Mom used to say a lot of things. These were things that always caused me to roll my eyes and think she was just a raving lunatic with ancient sensabilities.

Now I say these things all the time. And each time I say one of these things I laugh because I can't believe I'm saying it out loud. I can't believe that these things are actually relevant.

Here's a list of some of my favorite Mom sayings, in no particular order;

You'd complain if they hung you with a new rope.

Great minds think alike. But fools seldom differ.

If wishes were horses then beggars would ride.
If horse turds were biscuits we'd eat 'til we died.

(While picking lint off a sweater- sighing) Black. It attracts everything but a good man.

There are more, but they usually come to me when the appropriate situation arises. I always remember Mom smirking a bit as she said these things. I wonder how many of them she got from HER Mom and if that smirk was the result of the same sort of disbelief I feel when they come out of my mouth.

Here's to Sullivan saying stupid things to his kids in the far, distant future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter