Wednesday, September 13, 2006

In The Words Of George Bernard Shaw

"This is the true joy in life, beng used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievences, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the hwhole community and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it what I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

If you are going to be humbled, it is always better to be humbled by the greats.

Thank you, Mr. Shaw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter