Saturday, May 06, 2006

Shameless Self Promotion

If you're a New York actor or writer that isn't afraid of the Staten Island Ferry (come on, its FREE!), allow me to invite you to a little event I'm hosting at The Arts Cypher, a unique arts collective and networking organization in Stapleton.

At 6:00 PM on Wednesday I will be holding a meet and greet/ class demonstration for my new classes at the Cypher. My spring schedule offers Screenwriting, Technique and Scene Study, and Ensemble Acting for Teens. I will be adding more classes as time rolls on, but first thing is first. Classes start the following week and you won't want to miss the opportunity to hear me say "So. How's your work going?" every single week for 8 weeks!

All kidding (and references to some of my own teachers) aside, my classes are hard core craft. I have an eclectic approach that focuses on instinctual choices and removing the road blocks to creative discovery. Creation is a way to process your world. I have tools and a philosophy that allows the artist to use the raw material of experience to create and move on as opposed to shredding themselves and wallowing. Creation should be a cathartic experience- a release that allows you to grow and learn about yourself and those around you with each project.

Come and see what I mean on Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter