Monday, May 01, 2006

Dave Foley Once Said...

Once I shot a man just to watch him die, but I got distracted and I missed it.

Ahhh, Dave Foley. He was my favorite little baby faced member of Kids in the Hall. I know some of you are die hard Bruce McCulloch fans and I won't begrudge you that. I love ALL the Kids, frankly, but if we were all on a sinking ocean liner and I could only save one of them- I'd save the one closest to me but I would hope he would be Dave. Dave just had that skinny, doofy, boyish thing that I like so much. Not too mention that I always thought Bruce wore his pants a little too high and he has this weird hip tension that I think holds him back from true physical freedom while Dave has a light, springy frame that seems to willingly follow his every geeky command. I thought Bruce was a fabulous hair flipping Carl Bernstein in "Dick"- a little over the top but still really funny. And he's that guy who had a really small part in "Anne of Green Gables" and he should come sign my baby's head- or some such nonsense.

Oh course, the last time I saw Dave he was hosting Celebrity Poker Showdown and had porked on the guy in his forties pounds and grew grown up facial hair on his still boyish face. Still love him, though.

Hmmm, I was going to write something topical, but instead I end up fixating on my favorite Canadian comedy troupe of the 90's.

Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter