Monday, April 24, 2006

The People's Front of Judea

I wanted to post something important, but I just don't have the energy today. I had an uphill sort of day with my home school kids (which wasn't BAD, per se, but I don't particularly feel like discussing it) and today is the boy's first day in After School and I know I will end up paying for it with a mega tantrum at dinner time, so I just feel like laughing at stupid things.

I love it when people get hit on the head with something unexpectedly. That's just funny. I think the best and most consistant laugh I've ever had is when that bird flies into Elaine's head on Seinfeld. Gets me every time. I also remember Carol Sever getting socked in the head with something on Growing Pains. Yeah, probably the best moment that show ever had.

Then there's that sketch in "The Secret Policemen's Other Ball" entitled "They Are Naked And They Do Dance". You kinda hafta see it. Every time I've seen the Scrimshaw Brothers' "Little Orphan Auggie Goes to War", I nearly piss myself with glee as soon as I hear the first ping of that Buffalo Springfield song (I always forget the title) because the slow motion that follows is just too beautiful. I've been singing about terriers a la Kids in the Hall- always tickles a funny bone. And I love watching the over the top, thinly veiled double entendre in "Double Indemnity". Every time Fred McMurray and Barbara Stanwyck get into the "speeding" conversation I want to whoop my appreciation like they do at Bryant Park on Monday nights in the summer. If I do, my neighbors tend to knock on the door to see if I'm okay.

Sigh.

Aren't you Nina from Joymakers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter