Monday, December 12, 2005

You've got to be kidding me!

I don't make waves a lot. If I have a sucky dinner, I won't send it back to the kitchens. I would advise others to do so, but I never would myself. It would have to be crawling with vermin or still alive in order for me to send it back. For the most part, I suck it up and take what I get. I'm getting better, though. The cable company and the phone company have suffered from my displeasure and I have done a very good job writing letters about bad service. I don't always lay down and piss on myself.

But today I had the most unpleasant pap smear ever!

Right, I know that there are very few of us who face the speculum and consider "pleasant" an option, but after today's discomfort, let me say that any of the other pap tests I have had in my lifetime seem luxurious by comparison! First off, I was lead into the exam room and was greated by a BLAST of cold air! A BLAST! Was I moved to another room? No. I was told I could keep my sweater on. Gee. Thanks. Then I was left in there with only a little sheet to cover me for nearly half an hour. I'll leave the rest of the details to your sick imaginations, but I will say that I was subjected to a horrible pinching sensation I will not soon forget. I know it is common to spot after a proceedure of this nature, but it does seem uncommonly unfair that I should have to endure anything which causes a medical professional to say, "Expect to bleed for the next day or so."

To add insult to injury, no one in my family is sympathetic. I have just been told that I need to make dinner. Heartless bastards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter