Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I've Been Many Places And Seen Many Things

Each Dunkin Donuts in the city has it's own personality. There are three that I run into on any given day and I definitely do have a preference for one over the other two.

First there's my Arab and Hispanic Dunkin Donuts. This is by far my favorite. They always give me a munchkin on a toothpick to bring to my donut loving boy, even when he's not with me. They're always polite and always get my order right. Everyone who works there (on the day shift, anyway) has a habit of remembering their regulars and remembering their preferences. Even if they have seasonal preferences, like yours truly. This morning I was asked if it was cold enough outside for me to have a hot cap. I smiled and said I wouldn't be switching to hot drinks until mid-October. Now THAT'S service!

Then there's the Frat Boy Dunkin Donuts. I hate this place, even though they have a patio which is a big draw when you've got a kid. The short and meaty fellows who staff the counter never get my order right and they are always busy smacking each other around instead of smiling at me and making me feel like I'm the cutest customer they've ever seen. They don't even notice my boy, even when he pays for our order. They just don't give a damn. I hate that.

Then there's the Ghetto Dunkin Donuts. It's just a couple of blocks out of the projects and is primarily staffed with Blacks and Asians. They're consciencious and always get my order right, but it isn't a very warm place. They don't smile, but they always speak politely. They don't "pop", which is how my friend Prov describes people who have "it". They don't seem to enjoy themselves but they give good service and keep the place spotless.

Taking all that into consideration, I prefer to go to the Arab and Hispanic Dunkin Donuts. I don't mind doing Ghetto Dunkin Donuts. But I see no reason to ever go to Frat Boy Dunkin Donuts when I could go two doors down to Georgia's to get a coffee and a stale bagel from biker mama who will call me "hon" or "sugar". Dude, that's just pricelss.

Then there's my favorite bakery on 9th Street that is now running a "Ramadan Special"- discounted pastry after 6pm.

I love this town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter