Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Baby Bumps

Knock it off.

You know, a woman can get a little pooch because she's retaining water, she has a bad posture day, or maybe because she ate a burrito. I know I'd be mortified if people were taking pictures of my gut everyday and speculating about the causes of my bumps and ripples. It's just mean spirited and it is a losing proposition for the poor woman. On one end of the spectrum she's lazy and letting herself go on the other end she's some baby crazed sex fiend that is controlled only by her out-of-control biological urges.

Now, I'm not one to ever stand up for JLo or Angelina or any of their ilk. Mostly because I don't care what they do. It's none of my business regardless of how beautiful they are. They are free to do as they please within the limits of the law. (That's a whole other topic and I won't get into it) I'm certainly not going to avoid their films because I don't approve of their behavior in their private lives. I'm going to avoid their films because their films suck.

Mostly, the baby bump watch is a disservice to Mexican food. Don't deprive celebrities of the cheesey tomato and refried bean goodness. I believe everyone is entitled to that much in life. We should all be able to bloat without it being front page news.

And you! You out there at the check out line! Put that thing down! You'll only encourage them and when you get your own 15 minutes of fame you will pay for it! Think about the enchiladas! Won't somebody PLEASE think about the enchiladas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter