Saturday, July 29, 2006

Enough!

Okay. For those who have not exactly been keeping up with the comments posted on my blog, let me get you up to date.

Somehow, my attitudes toward men have been misconstrued. If you read me consistently you would find that I have a great love and respect for men- despite my bitter attempts at humor which help me blow off a little steam. I have no intention of deriding the opposite sex. I love men- and not just as tools (although, I'm not complaining) but I have great faith in men. More than most women, to be painfully honest. I know because I AM a woman and I've been privvy to many female conversations. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of respect out there for you guys. Sorry, but it's true.

My only conflicts with leering happen to be internal. See Post-Mortem on a Leer or Boys if you have any doubts about where my conflicts truly lie. I give voice to those conflicts here for one simple reason- because it is my fucking blog! I write these things because they are on my mind. Truthfully, I wonder how to handle these situations not just as a woman but as a married woman. How much is too much? Where is the line? I've never been great at setting boundaries so how do I navigate this kind of attention? If you read them consciously, you'll see that the question is 'how should I deal with this attention' and not 'can I rip off his nads if he looks at me cockeyed?' Not to mention that I have an intense need to remind the world that even though I have been off the market for 13 years, I still get offers.

There is no doubt about it. I'm fucking vain.

I can see how my message may have been misinterpreted, especially since it was so close to 'the ballad of the little lady'. I stand behind that bitter little song because, like it or not, there is truth in it. But I won't have anyone who has skimmed a couple of my posts beaking off about how I'm just another run of the mill twat that hates men. Hardly.

There. I've said it. Now I'm done.

Until some smart ass posts a comment and I won't be able to let it go until I have the last word because that is just the crazy kind of bitch I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thumbelina said...

I wanna write a smart ass comment!

I don't think of myself as a run of the mill twat. But I would have more respect for men if they would stop abusing, raping, and beating the shit out of me.

You gotta go with what you know.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Bree O'Connor said...

Those guys aren't the only men in the world.

And you are anything but run of the mill.

Sometimes you gotta go and know something different.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter