Monday, June 19, 2006

Miscellaneous

Before I begin- Mick- couldn't open the attachment because everything I work on is so ancient. My computer predates the wheel. It's like Commodor 64 in color. I'm all pong, all the time. If you think that's sad, you should see my mobile. It's a freakin' tin can, but it IS wireless. That's probably why my reception sucks. Long story short, I'm going to keep trying, but if you have any smoke signals to send I might be able to decipher it.

Um... filed away under the loose ends catagory is more of me avoiding things that need to get done. I complain endlessly about my go nowhere life, but I refuse to actually get off my butt and go somewhere. I've been having these discussion with a friend of mine who wants me to jump on this opportunity that I am less than thrilled about taking. I can't tell if it is my insecurity that is making me hesitate or if the sinking feeling in my gut is warning me that I could be stepping into one of those dead end, booby trap situations where I get to be someone's glorified pack mule. I've been a Girl Friday and I so don't want to be anyone's right hand man. However, my friend seems to think that I am just avoiding networking opportunities because I am stubborn and don't like my piecemeal real world knowledge to be judged by anyone. Touche. Perhaps a little from Column A and a little from Column B. Either way, that doesn't help me to figure out how to handle this situation.

Plus, I would really like to enjoy this very short summer before the boy starts Kindergarten. I don't know. Maybe I am just cut out to be a little house wife. Perhaps I should be one of those ladies who lunch? Really, at 31 do I really need to be having this discussion with myself when my chosen profession has not changed since I was 15 years old? Apparently, I do.

I just totally suck at reality and I suck at being told what to do.

Tommer's birthday is coming up very soon. I hope I have the energy to plan this one right because he could use a stellar birthday where he is feelin' the love. He's due. I just don't want my neuroses to interfere with his day. Man, it must totally be a bitch living with me. I'm impossible. All you fellas out there, thank your lucky stars- you could have ended up with ME but you didn't. Whew! Dodged a bullet on that one.

Here's something kind of funny that hit me today. I was walking by a little kid's dress shop where they sell baptismal gowns and first communion dresses and the like and I realized that I had my first communion AND my wedding in a pink dress. (Not the same pink dress!) I can't even do the standard rituals correctly. No one told me it had to be white- my communion dress that is- and the pink pleats were just so grown up and it was the 80's...

Hmm, what else?

I guess the bedroom needs to be picked up before the boy gets home. Then dinner, then a bath, then bed, then paperwork, then research...blah blah yackety schmackety.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well -- I tried to return the grin.

I'm just sorry you probably waited FORever to load the darned thing.

As far as the mobile goes, I am trying to be really rebellious and refuse to get one until all the land-lines are gone... Its the stubborn part of me that resents people looking at me in shock when they ask me for my cell number to enter into speed dial and I tell them I haven't on, nor any intention of obtaining one anytime soon. How do you survive? I've been asked more times than is funny.

Quite well, I respond. I have an answering machine that you can leave messages on. The nonplussed reaction is very amusing...

I, too, suck at being told what to do, as you can see.

Have a great evening.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Bree O'Connor said...

Good for you. There is definitely something very powerful about being unavailable. It makes your company more desirable. Oh, you're so hard to get in touch with! You must be a very busy and important person!

Yeah baby.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter