Thursday, June 08, 2006

Don't...Want To...Blog...About...That...But Can't...Stop

Have you ever met anyone who wants to teach you something that you already know?

It's so weird and uncomfortable. We could easily be peers that work well together but he keeps trying to put me in this place where I simply don't belong. No matter how many times I've shown him how capable, talented, smart and resourceful I am he keeps trying to drop these pearls of wisdom on me as if I hadn't already said the same exact thing 10 minutes prior. What fucking planet is he on?

Am I being "Little Ladied"? He isn't really the "little lady" type. And still...

On to bigger and better news.

I gave the boy a haircut the other night. He insisted on cutting it really short because he wants hair like his friend at school. Oh boy does he look dashing, and older. He's in love with the haircut and he keeps checking himself out in mirrors to see if his hair has grown. When he sees that is still short he gives a little, "All right!" into the mirror. Yesterday he stopped and said,

"Mom, I love my haircut."

"Good, Sweets. I'm glad you like it."

"Do I look like a man now?"

Oh baby! Looking at that handsome face and those gangly limbs and hearing that sweet question is playing a symphony on my heartstrings. Meanwhile, the seams are unravelling on the ol' apron strings. Must...not...repair...or it will...ruin him...for other women...

"You sure do, Sullivan. You sure do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter