Thursday, June 01, 2006

Thursday Roast Beef

There's an Eric Carle book that the kids in Sullivan's class chant to. Each day of the week features a different food item,
Monday string beans, Tuesday spaghetti, Wednesday soup, Thursday roast beef, Friday fresh fish, Saturday chicken, Sunday ice cream, all you hungry children come and eat it up today. Can't get the damn chant out of my head.

So, today is Thursday, but roast beef is not on our menu. Annie's Pasta Bunnies with broccolli and a peanut butter apple. Welcome to dinner at my house when Tom is not around.

I'm avoiding returning a couple of emails and hoping that some people call to join in this impromptu reading I'm hosting this weekend. Just a friendly wine and cheese on a blanket in the park kind of thing to read my new play. I reread it for the first time today since I declared it ready to read. It is a really, really sad play. It's funny, but sad. I do a lot of things that way, I guess. It still surprised me, though. Especially since I read it today and realized, for the first time, just how personal it is. I hope I've been honest and fair. I hope I have some grasp of reality. But I can't make any garauntees in that department.

Well, I must attend to the boiling bunnies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter