Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Stupid

I had a meeting with a counselor from my son's school. Another parent and I had gone in to discuss the creation of a formal disciplinary philosophy at the school, preferably one that discourages screaming at the children. I could not believe my fucking ears.

"You need to realize" she said, "that there are some children here that are facing enormous difficulties at home. They are about 5% of the total population, but they have some serious behavioral issues."

So, riddle me this one, Batman, how the hell does the screaming help them? This is your argument to allow screaming and demeaning language with our children? They disrespect you so you one up them and go tit for tat? How the fuck will they ever learn what respect and self control looks like if the adults in their world allow their emotions to run away with them?

You need to realize, that some of the adults who are in charge of our children are facing enormous difficulties with their emotional and intellectual capacities...

Fucking stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter