Thursday, April 06, 2006

Some People Are Funny

Yo necessito regressar a mi maison- I mean- mi casa.

Fuckin' French- can't speak the damn language unless I'm trying to speak Spanish. Maybe I should start speaking French and Spanish will come out. I've got a glitch in my neural transmitters.

Anyhoo- this spring I have been feeling the need to talk like a naughty fifth grader discovering the joys of cursing. It has been getting progressively worse and you'll just have to bear with me. I'm working on it and occassionally I do practice some restraint, but you should hear what is going on in my head. It is insane up there, between the cursing, the Spanish and the French and the frightening number of times 'yo' has bounced around in my brain. I have resisted the urge to let 'yo' become a part of my daily vernacular just as I have resisted 'totes', 'whatevs', and 'hella' but it is not an easy battle. Let's face it. I'm not the kind of gal that can pull those things off. I let things slide with 'ay, dios mio!' and you should hear the laughter! Boy do I get shit for that one, but it is the perfect thing to say in damn near every situation. It rolls off the tongue. Fuck.

Here's the other thing. The Hispanic ladies in my life can smell baby lust. I've had a little issue with it lately, but I haven't exactly been talking about it with my neighbors or anything. My neighbors, my mom friends at school, none of them have mentioned the baby thing to me ever- until this past couple of weeks. Suddenly it's like I've got 'Yo deseo un nino!' written on my forehead in some kind of special ink that can only be seen by Peurto Rican and Dominican ladies. Maybe it is because it is spring or something, but all the talk has been about when I am going to have another baby. Come on, lady! The boy is 4 1/2! It's time. If you're going to have another one, have it now. None of my white friends bring it up. Of course, they've all gotten my cold feet speech and are probably not looking forward to hearing it again. I gave the same speech to my friend downstairs and she just laughed at me. She said, "That's bullshit and you know it. You want another baby, you just want someone to tell you that you're doing a good job with the first one." Touche. Fuckin' smart ass.

But, it IS spring and to borrow a phrase from Dane Stouffer- it makes me feel randy and I don't know Randy that well! Ha! I love that one.

Spring does funny things to people. It makes Tom more talkative. The other night I had to actually ask him to stop talking so I could go to sleep. It pained me to do so, because he's not that talkative a fellow but at 2:00 AM on a school night...dude! The lady's not 20 anymore! I need my solid 6 hours of sack time or I am useless. Luckily, it did not stop him from continuing the conversation the next day. Cute.

Some day soon, I will be posting details of my upcoming classes. If you know anyone who is willing or interested in taking Screenwriting or Acting classes with me (on Staten Island, weird, but hey...) give me a shout or pass it on. It's going to be pretty fuckin' good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter