Monday, April 03, 2006

Favorite Things + Whistling in the Dark

Things are getting a little too serious around here so it is time for another session of Favorite Things. I find that it cheers me up greatly when I am too invested in the drama in my life. So here goes...brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things...

The post-film discussions that Tom and I have after any and all movies. This discussion always begins the same way. After the movie we'll step out into the street and walk in silence until we are just far enough away from the movie crowd to not be overheard and we'll turn to each other and say, "So... what'd ya think?". If we watch the movie at home, there is a good 10-15 second lag before we launch into the same question. The goal is to be the first one to ask- except for after "The Contender". It was so obvious in the movie theater how much I fuckin' hated that movie that Tom was loath to bring up the subject afterward. He knew that it would unleash the insufferable social critic lurking beneath my otherwise charming, redheaded exterior.

My hair. Now that it is finally growing out I am remembering how hot it is to have my hair.

Naturopathica's Green Tea Wasabi Facial Mask. Holy shit, I'm not normally a girly girl about these things, but I am telling you! After using this mask you could not tell the difference between my face and a plump, freshly bathed, baby's behind. I dare you! And it's wasabi, so it burns so freaking good! Oh baby!

Sunshine and 70 degrees with an iced latte and a shady park bench under a cherry tree. How killer is that?

Watergate Double Feature Night. Every few years Tom and I like to watch "All the President's Men" and "Dick" back to back. Yeah, that's a full evening of Nixon Administration fun!

PAAS. Sure you could mix your own Easter egg dye with some household food coloring and vinegar, but you wouldn't get the little box with the punch out circles to dry your eggs on or the cheap ass, useless egg dipping wire.

Hard boiled eggs and salt.

Bread dipped in olive oil, salt and parmesan.

Eating steak with your eyes closed, imagining yourself as a caveman crouched over your raw kill in a damp cave ravenously chomping down your food and grunting warnings at that loser Urg who keeps trying to steal a piece for himself. That's my food, moron! Paws off!

The smell of mud. So sexy.

Dandelions. Screw grass. Dandelions are pretty and sunshiney, they make a nice wine and good salad greens. You can use them to find out if your friends like butter, to taunt them about their future headless babies and finally to make wishes. They are the greatest weeds known to mankind!

A cold bottle of Harp at the end of the day.

Groucho Marx.

Louis Armstrong.

This photograph I have of my neice and my nephew that sits on my desk. It was taken at our wedding reception which was held on a boat going down the Mississippi. The picture is just of their backs as they peer over the railing and out at the Mississippi with purple balloons floating just above them. Makes me feel good about life.

That was refreshing. Now I'm going to have that cold bottle of Harp and watch "Duck Soup". Afterward, Tom and I will discuss it.

Life really ain't so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter