Thursday, February 16, 2006

Momentum

It's so nice out that I just want to sit in the mud and talk.

Of course, everyone I know is a grown up and has responsibilities and can't go to sit in the mud with me. Sullivan would most definitely sit in the mud, but then he'd start flinging it at me. I don't know if I want to go that far.

I've got a PTA meeting to go to and I'd just rather hang out. Maybe read. Maybe stare at the sunshine. I had a very productive morning and I think I'll have to draw the line somewhere. I want to flap my beak, but I really don't want to discuss anything of substance.

You see, everyone (in the hyperbolic sense) around here is in crisis. Depressions, illnesses, marital issues, school problems... I don't want to talk about it right now. I just want to float on the pleasure of the day and enjoy breathing for a bit. Regardless of the current challenges, it is so good to be alive today. I'm exhausted by the drama and by my own need to go out and "fix" things that I cannot fix. Enforcing boundaries is hard. I don't want to have a hard day today.

Today is the day for things to fall into my lap. My sitter will call and we will book some dates. Some new clients will answer my ads and all I will need to do is sit back and receive. Because February need not be so terrible.

Today is the day for gifts from above... and a nap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PTA meetings usually involve proverbial mud, and the slinging thereof.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter