Saturday, January 07, 2006

Dude, I Got Me a Dell with a Dial Up

Anyway, as with most things it is the waiting that is the best/worst part. I was so nervous about coming home and leaving Sullivan that I nearly had a flipping nervous breakdown. But things here are pretty good, considering. I have to give my sibs some major props for being the awesome people they are. They have really done their best to help me understand what it is I am walking into and have not dropped one ounce of judgment toward me for living 1500 miles away. And they totally could have, but that just isn't who they are. As funky a unit as we have been, I have to say that we all ended up pretty flippin' decent.

It's definitely weird being here and it is a little freaky to go to sleep and wake up to Mom just hovering in the hallway and having to lead her back to bed. But, all in all it has been good. My Mom's aid is so wonderful and sweet that it really sets my mind at ease. Of course, I haven't been alone with Mom yet and I am not sure how I am going to handle it, but we'll take things one step at a time, shall we.

Well there are all kinds of photos to go through and some science experiments with corn starch to play with (my neice and nephews are here) so I think I should shove off. But it does feel extra good to be typing again. I do love the dull click clack of the keys. It sounds good and it feels good. I'll have to sneak down here later and do some more typing just for the joy of my fingers.

The quick, brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter