Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Julio O Julio, Have You Met Julio?

I love my Dunkin Donuts guy.

His name is Julio. He can't be any taller than 5'2", he has a bright, round face and new spunky blonde streaks in his short, dark hair. He once tried to buy my affections with free donuts and I was way too slow to figure out what he was up to. Finally, one of his coworkers pointed to my left hand and said, "Hey, she's married." Then he smiled, said "damn", and put another free donut into my bag.This little incident did not embarass him and it did not make him ignore me as it would a lesser man. He always smiles big and warm when I walk in the door. He always puts an extra cover on my cappucino to keep it from spilling and puts it in a bag because he knows that I will not be dining in. He never mistakes my order and when I come in with Sullivan he always has an extra Munchkin on a toothpick for him. He does not pry into my personal life. Our conversations are limited to "How are you?" and "Did you want that toasted today?". Even when he is not the one to wait on me, he always finds a way to shoot me a smile and a way.

Julio services me way beyond my expectations. He anticipates my needs and asks for nothing in return. Oh damn. He's the perfect man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter