Friday, September 29, 2006

Avoiding Work- Again

Maybe it is time for me to give up the ol' blog. I'm starting to get back into life and all and maybe its purpose has played out. I mean, I just spent the last forty-five minutes browsing stupid quizzes as if they would bring me enlightenment. Really, I am just avoiding my life's work.

I know that sounds terribly dramatic, and it is. I'll fully admit it, I am a drama queen, but it is high time I put that drama where it belongs- on stage.

My play is so close to being finished. There are just some inconsistencies that need to be rooted out and replaced with, you know, with something brilliant. Oh yeah, I can pull that right out of my ass.

I've been writing since I could hold a pen. I've been performing since the first time I realized my goo-goos and ga-gas made people smile. In the technnique class I am taking I am realizing just how flexible and responsive my system is to this work. I am built for it. My brain is wired for it. At 12 I knew I would be a writer. At 15 I knew I would be an actor. At 26 I gave birth using all the techniques I had spent the previous 10 years learning. It is a part of my being and every second I am NOT doing it, I am denying my soul its purpose.

Blogging has been integral in getting me back to where I need to be. It has kept me writing when I wasn't writing. It kept me in contact with others when I had no one. Where can I take it from here? The context is so limited, I just don't know if there is anything I, personally, can do with it beyond continuing with this evasive, self-indulgent exercise. If I want to get my thoughts, and more importantly my questions, "out there" then I need to be using the medium to which I claim to have dedicated half of my life.

I'm not sure if I can use this blog as a tool in my upcoming journey. Maybe I can. But I don't want to hold on to it for simply sentimental reasons. Those who want to stay in touch won't need this blog to find me. If I continue, it will be with purpose.

So, yeah. I think I'm taking a blogging break and I think I've decided that just now. Just this moment. I don't know how long I'll be gone, but I will check in every now and again. I am going to read all of my friends, because they both infuriate and inspire me, but I don't really know when I will be back. To the right you will find a link "Who the hell are you and what are you doing here?". If you want, drop me a line and we'll talk.

Otherwise ummm... see ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter