Monday, May 22, 2006

The Id , The Ego, and The Super Ergo I Had That Dream Again

The last few nights I've had my house dream again.

In the dream I find myself at a relative's house, usually my paternal grandmother's house but not always, and the house is always full of secret rooms. I always get lost in the house and will occasionally run into the odd cousin, sister, grandparent or childhood friend. The house always seems to go on forever and there is a point which I will go no further. I sit in a certain room, paralyzed, terrified to move any deeper into the house and it is there that I usually find myself haunted. I am tormented by ghosts and ghoulies and this confirms my suspicion that I should go no further as the ghosts are only bound to become more violent and frightening the deeper I move into the house. Last night I was met by a naked man who repeatedly plunged his own hand inside his chest and ripped his flesh back to reveal his inner workings which then fell out with a sploosh onto the tile floor. The corpse would collapse moaning to the floor and then, as if the tape rewound itself, he would stand up with his innerds all back in their proper place. He would then repeat the gruesome task. I went to take a shower in this grand bathroom with the fancy shower heads and hand painted tiles. I turned the shower on and began to search for shampoo in the large cabinet. In each drawer I found something hideous. Severed hands, scalps, toes, and eyeballs were stashed in the drawers but no shampoo. I decided to just rinse off and hope for the dream to end soon.

Apparently, there are some family secrets that terrify me. I have a theory that if I ever do go past that room in my dream I'll probably find a room full of well mannered kittens, a big comfy chair, and an endless supply of chocolate. The horrors are there to protect the chocolate because they know I'll eat it. Yeah, I'd even be able to eat it after I saw the guy rip his own guts out. Nice try, subconscious, nice try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter