Thursday, May 18, 2006

Huh?

Have you ever had one of those conversations with someone where you felt you were having one conversation and the other person was having another conversation in another freaking dimension?

This morning I was talking to this woman about how I feel bad that I have to choose between my son's field trip and the work I do with the first grade class. Then she started talking about how some parents are unruly and worse than the kids about such and such. What? What were we talking about? How did we get here? Obviously, this was a conversation she was just waiting to have and any spare moment would do.

The worst was the conversation that resulted in my leaving my therapist. After an hour of misunderstandings and misrepresentations I finally discovered that what I was saying did not match up with what she was hearing. So I called her on it and she said, "Oh. Well, that's different then. Okay, our time is just about up..." You're telling me it is!

Yeah. Some days I just don't exist on the same plane with other people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter