Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Words Words Words

Even when I am home alone I sometimes lipsynch- for lack of a better term. Not because I am ashamed of my singing voice or out of consideration for my neighbors but for the sheer joy of feeling words in my mouth. A well written lyric can sit so well on my tongue, having actual weight and texture. If I omit my voice I can concentrate on how each word fits around my teeth, lips and tongue. It's a sensual experience as the voice of another human visits my palate and fills my resonators with soft vowels and percussive consonants. This visitation can feel like a desperate and anonymous coupling on a sinking ship or a reassuring caress in front of a safe, warm fire. In this way, I've made out with the greats.

Perhaps I do need to get out more.

1 Comments:

Blogger X said...

Ooookaaay...

Put down the turkey baster and back away from the stereo.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter