Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Is Anybody Else Worried About Dolly Parton?

You know I have a few things to say about the Oscars and you can put your fingers in your ears and scream "la la la, I'm not listening!" if you want to. I don't mind. But now is not the time for that post as I only have a few moments and I have something more pressing on my mind.

Is Dolly Parton being slowly sucked into some invisible vortex? How else can I explain the extreme skin stretching and apparently malnourished frame? She used to be this curvy, meaty, lovely creature. Now she just a skeleton with lips and boobs. It's disturbing. I wish she'd age. She just doesn't wear that kind of extreme vanity and insecurity well. It looks fine on some 20 or 30 year old starlet, but a woman her age and stature?

How am I supposed to age gracefully when the last curvy celeb (aside from Anna Nicole Smith- shudder) has succomb to the boobs on a stick theory of female beauty?

Oh, and her voice seems to be suffering a bit too. She was rushing and seemed to have a difficult time getting her voice out, even with the mic.

I've never been a Dolly Parton fan, but I'm concerned for her these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter