Monday, October 10, 2005

The Cruxt of My Problem Is...

A discussion with a casting director last week:

CD: I'm not sure what role you submitted your headshot for.

ME: You have roles for women in their 20's and roles for women in their 40's.

CD: Yes.

ME: In my experience this is what happens to me. I'll walk in the room and immediately you'll want to cast me as the pretty girl's quirky best friend, the young, suburban mom, ingenue, what have you. Then, once you know me and work with me you will only want me to play serial killers and prostitutes.

CD: Okay. I've got a prostitute role for you to read. How's 4:00?

I told my friend about this discussion and he laughed.

"You're dead on. I can't see you as anything but a psycho killer or a prostitute now. It's just the kind of girl you are."

Ain't it the truth, though?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter