Thursday, October 06, 2005

Falling by the Wayside

A list of things that I can let slide (in no particular order):

1. Deep Cleaning- a tidy and a vacuum is good enough, so long as there are no crumbs or dirty dishes left out to attract critters.

2. Organizing all my credit card offers- those can just go to the shredder and I'll shred it whenever I get around to it. No rush.

3. Ranking things in order of importance.

4. Dressing to impress. Who the hell in my world (my home, Sully's school, the playground, the grocery store) is going to be wowed by a well put together outfit with "Mommy stains" on it? Whatever, I'm clean and I'm a genius, that should be enough for you people.

5. Low-fat, low-carb, no-sugar, no-salt diets. Just be fucking reasonable, have some fruit and veggies with that cappucino and move on.

6. Being hyper punctual. I'm always 15-20 minutes early. I have a fear of being late. But here everyone is 15 minutes late which makes me pissed. So, I'll just be 5 minutes early or on time and everyone else can suck my balls.

7. Seeking sexual attention just to see if I can still get it. At some point in my life I should have better things to do, right? Please tell me that there is more to life than having a mate and several back ups? Please???

8. Excuses for not going out/ trying new things/ or taking care of myself when I am feeling low. You see, my job description is as follows: I must take care of my home including the cleaning, shopping, scheduling of maintenance, food prepartaion (several times a day for 3 people), I am in charge of all social activities (mine, Sullivan's, and Tom and I as a couple) and this includes event planning (there is a birthday coming up and guess who is in charge of putting all the disparate elements together to make a 4 year old happy? Hint: it ain't Tom), finding and booking sitters,arguing the cost/benefit analysis for each planned activity, writing screenplay, research (including, but not limited to Tango lessons), self promotion (keeping up with auditions, finding excuses to talk to people who might one day need my services and don't know it yet), management of creative resources for upcoming projects, and, oh yeah- do something nice for yourself while you're at it.

It's too much to balance by myself. It is easy to get bitter when someone tells you that you have to take care of yourself when you are in the middle of this shitstorm trying to get everything you want out of life. There just aren't enough hours in the day and no one is really part of my team. It's just Team Leader Bree. Well, that's bullshit. So I am adding it to my list of things to leave by the wayside. Here goes...

9. Team Leader Bree.

All right everyone! You're on your own! I'm hanging up my riding crop and Jack Boots so you may fend for yourselves! I'm going dancing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter