Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Comedy Love

Hands down, Joe Scrimshaw is the funniest man on the planet. He should be famous. Everyone should have the chance to love Joe. He's pocket sized and you can take him just about anywhere. I predict that, in the future, everyone will have a household Scrimmy to cheer them up when they start thinking that smart funny people are extinct. He'll come with his own detachable strap so that you can sling him over your shoulder and take him everywhere so that you can have a non-stop pithy observations about life, love and all things "geek". He'll even have an array of sparkly sequined outfits so that he can be the perfect accesory for an evening out. He can write witty banter for you so that you never have to white knuckle your way through a stuffy cocktail party or comic book convention again.

Dude. I picked up some Christopher Durang today. I haven't even attempted to read Durang in years, but I picked it up to see if it has changed at all and if I wanted to risk auditioning for a production of a Durang play in a few weeks. I put it down because Joe emailed me a script. (I had to miss its performance in Minneapolis so I nagged him to send it to me.) The verdict... Durang: okay. Scrimshaw: Laughed my nuts off. What nuts? I don't know! I laughed 'em off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter