Monday, August 01, 2005

All about the B-Girl

I'd like to leave a little note of thanks and a favorite memory of my dear friend Britt. You'll note a link to Britt's Blog, Hookers on Stilts directly to your right. Which I added because she left a rather quixotic (in my mind) link on her blog to mine. That is neither here nor there. But then, I can only assume, she visited my blog and was flattered by my honest opinion of her (she is wicked smart and painfully beautiful!) and then left a little "hey check this out", mentioning my blog in one of her posts. Are you getting all this down? If you want the specific quotes- follow the link and check her out, but I am going to call her on a teeny bit of bullshit in a minute. But first, my favorite Britt memory.

Back in the day when Britt and I were sharing a sweet little hovel in Minneapolis we used to partake in all manner of snack time treats. One particular morning, Britt and I had headed off to purchase doughnuts at a nearby bakery. The doughnut snob behind the counter was obviously not enjoying our half-asleep, unemployable, cute girl type banter and when Britt inquired about the price of a particular chocolate covered morsel Doughnut Geek pounced.

"You mean the beignet?" She rolled her eyes and over emphasized the Frenchness of the word then smirked, confident in her superiority.

Britt looked thoughtful for a moment "Beignet? Hmmm" then she spat out in a typical display of Britt sarcasm, "Beignet- that must be French for 'doughnut that costs a dollar'."

Man, I love Britt.

Here's the bullshit now. Britt tends to overstate my goodness by saying that I have morals and values implying that she does not. Well that's a load of horse shit. I'm no plastic Christmas tree angel and, despite her wildly entertaining talk, Britt's got a fucking heart of gold and a very specific code of ethics. Sorry, Britt, but aside from being a character, you actually HAVE character and I know because you've shown it to me. Of course you showed it to me in the bathroom while grabbing my hair and screaming "Here's my fucking character, bitch!", but I did say 'specific code of ethics' didn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter