Wednesday, July 05, 2006

What's New Scooby Do?

We've got a major Scooby Doo fixation these days, both new and Scooby Doo Classic. Luckily, we have yet to enter the dreaded Scrappy Doo episodes. I had a social studies teacher in high school (very young, squishy and hyper kind of guy) who loved Scooby Doo but would spit if you ever brought up Scrappy. I completely understand his disdain for the little mutt.

The sunburn it starting to peel and the house is slowly coming back together, but not before I've nearly slaughtered my marriage in the process. Poor Tom. He's so sick of me and my mania at the moment, but he's being quietly supportive because he knows I'm wrestling with some pretty yucky stuff at the moment. If he sticks it out through this episode, remind me to buy him something really nice.

Coffee. Coffee coffee coffee.

It's raining so there isn't much to do with the boy except head to our favorite coffee spot that has an out of the way basement with games and books to play with. I'd invite someone over for a playdate, but the house is still in explosion mode and I won't go begging for play dates at someone else's house. Mostly because I would hate to get turned down. I'm wondering when I started to get this socially timid. I keep thinking that I am huge inconvenience to everyone and that people don't really want me around. I have a lot of people that I really enjoy and that I think enjoy me, but I am extra conscious of overstaying my welcome. I'm so much more midwestern now than I ever was. It makes me really miss my sisters. I could go impose on my sisters and keep a very tired and cranky kid at their house and not feel so crappy about it.

I have to admit that I am really liking the chase music in the new Scooby Doos. Is that sick?

Laundry, coffee, shower, coffee, cleaning, coffee, heavy lifting, coffee...

Maybe I should make a pot?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter