Saturday, July 01, 2006

Martha Stewart Ate Half My Brain. Bob Villa Has The Other Half.

The older I get the more I discover how much I am like my Dad.

I had a hard week with all these transitions and such. I didn't bottom out or anything but I coped with it by doing home improvement and watching documentaries. You know someone just ain't right in the head when they tell you, "I'm very sad about saying good bye so I'm going to go home, scrape some paint and watch 'Guests of the Ayatollah' to cheer myself up. I'll call you later."

After I finish this, Sullivan and I are going to turn an ordinary shoe box into a circus cage to house a 5 year old's birthday present. I know, it is totally annoying to be around people who do this kind of crap, especially if you run with the scardy cat, competitive parent crowd, but I don't have a lot of money to spend on gifts so I have to give thoughts. That's what is supposed to count, right? As my mom used to say, If you can't wow 'em with wisdom, baffle 'em with bullshit. My Mom is a fairly colorful lady.

Later today I will be picking over the leftovers from my friends' move. Yup. They left for Vermont yesterday and couldn't fit some things in the truck so they gave me the keys to their apartment and I am going to be grabbing what I can. This helps to further my plot to rearrange and reorganize our home lilfe. I am indebted to Margaret for leaving me a bunch of free heavy stuff. After the birthday party today I will be forcing my family into a home restructuring boot camp! Hooray! And all the while I will get to watch a doc about human behavior studies of the 60's and 70's. It's like, the perfect day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter