Friday, May 12, 2006

When In Doubt, Blog

So, Blue Raspberry Bubble Gum...I've just discovered that it isn't a very good idea. It's like having your tongue pissed on by a sugar plum fairy. Sorry, babe, that's just not my bag.

I could be reading. I could be cleaning the house. I could be getting ready to work with my 1st graders this afternoon. I could be making some phone calls for appointments. I could be re-writing my script. I could be prepping for my home schoolers on Monday. I could be planning for this workshop I have upcoming. I have no shortage of things to do, but I can't quite seem to organize my brain at the moment. I'm not even in the mood for that good cry I promised myself.

Of course, the last thing on that list is something I am afraid to unleash. If I let myself go, I might not be able to stop. That would just ruin Friday Movie Night. We all look forward to movie night. We eat dinner in front of the TV, stay up late, and gorge ourselves on popcorn. It's a family ritual that is such a ridiculous treat that we tend to over do it. There's usually some kind of disagreement around 9:00pm. Most frequently it is about a little boy who is too hyped up on sugar or just plain sleep deprivation to sit still and let us watch the movie. Believe it or not, there is a point when you want to know if Scooby will make it away from the monster this time.

Okay, so I'm a little restless today and in my usual pattern of avoidance. Wow- screaming cat in the backyard. Anyway, I suppose I could do a little yoga and I might straighten myself out and avoid some anxiety. Damn. Why can't this shit just work itself out on its own without me having to do anything about it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Because you haven't accepted Bob and learned to slack.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter