Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Shmuley Shmuley

Okay, I'll fess up. Since last week I've developed a crush on a new man.

Yes, I am loving Rabbi Shmuley.

How fucking cute is he?

If you haven't seen it, there's a show on TLC called "Shalom in the Home" where Rabbi Shmuley takes his tricked out Airstream trailer around the country to bring peace and harmony (Shalom!) into families lives (In the Home!). So what if he's ridiculously authoritative, he's just adorable while he's doing it. He's like this sweet, middle aged, Semetic, Dough Boy! Plus, I'm discovering (much to my dismay) that I am finding the word "Rabbi" to be strangely erotic. Perhaps I've been in New York too long?

Nah, not really. As much as I love the slovenly, aging poet/ musician who reeks of whiskey and sour defeat, I've also had a weakness for older, slightly pudgy men who repeatedly use words like "blessing" and "joy". It really depends on my mood and which man best matches the sweater I want to wear that day.

I'm not so much embarrassed that I have a weird little crush on a frumpy Rabbi as much as I'm embarrassed that I tune into his show on purpose. I'm sure I'll grow out of it as fast as I grew out of my Stephen Hawking phase. It was "A Brief History of Time" that totally did it for me!

Oh wait, Stephen Colbert just said, "When I think about the truth, I touch myself...". Hmmmm, so many men and so little time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I haven't yet seen ths show, but anyone named Shmuley is, understandably, somone to have a crush on. I know a real Rabbi Shmuley Eber. He's freakin' adorable.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter