Friday, April 14, 2006

Personal Power Part 2

Let's end this discussion once and for all.

Since I'm getting close to 4000 hits, I can only assume that I have some readers out there who aren't Jake and X. I know that because there are no tits on my blog so those hits must have come from some other people! So why don't you just hit the comment button at the bottom of this post and and vote for or against voting. Couldn't be easier. You're already here, so just vote. Majority rules. I'd like to employ the electoral college, just for fun, but since that is just too complicated for these purposes let's stick with the popular, okay?

I'm going to let this one go for the holiday weekend, so pop in whenever you'd like to vote, but please, only one vote per person.

Thanks and have a Happy Easter, Passover, Spring Break...

7 Comments:

Blogger Bree O'Connor said...

Of course, I am going to have the first vote.

Yes, I think voting is important.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Voting is fun. I do it early and often.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have had a few pleasurable voting experiences.

1. That commie in demoncrats clothing, Paul Wellstone. The only verifiable lie he told was when he said he wasn't going to run for another term and then did. That's an excellent record for a politician.

2. That poser libertarian Jesse Ventura. Even more fun than voting for him was watching him actually win. Agreed with his decisions almost half the time. Again, pretty good for a political figure.

3. A ballot initiative to shut down a state office. On that same ballot I voted for a guy who said if elected to that office he would shut it down. He won but never got to take office. Win-win!

4. A ballot initiative to define marriage as between a man and a woman. I was in the minority in opposing that one. Still, that one was not a waste of time.

5. The first year that I stood in the booth writing in my own name on every single line. That was a lot of fun. Later I decided that I only wanted power over myself and wouldn't wish my insanity on anyone else.

Word verification was xxdma. Looked like mdma at first but shared very little in common with it.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only people who can answer this question meaningfully are those who at some point in their lives did not have the right to vote. Too many people today who have always had this right take it for granted and waste it.

Voting one of the most important things.

-EM

7:36 PM  
Blogger X said...

For over half my life I didn't have the right to vote.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Lincolnlogger said...

Are you sure it's not just Jake and X? 2,000 hits each?

I abstain from voting (here anyway).

9:31 AM  
Blogger Bree O'Connor said...

I'm positive because everytime they show up they've got to flap their beaks and I don't have anywhere near 4000 comments! And, like I said, there's not enough tits here to keep their interest.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter