Sunday, August 20, 2006

Random And Incoherent

Can't really string a decent thought. Too tired. Up all night riding buses in my all too brief sleep. Riding buses and waving good bye to friends crouched in alleyways crying, but I've got to get somewhere. Can't stop. Gotta ride the bus. Have to get to that weird building that has no walls or roof, but there are trees growing in it. Beautiful cherry blossoms falling on white iron garden furniture. Hanging out with some large, loud man in a pinstriped suit. I am supposed to impress him. My friend set this up. Remember, don't be an arrogant ass like you usually are. He asks for my card and I can't find one. He has one of those headsets for his mobile phone. I can't tell if he is talking to me or to someone on his phone. He says, "Don't be surprised if we call you! We like you! We like your work!" He nods. The bus pulls up again and I get on without giving him my card. We pull away and drive into a dingy living room. There's a big, ugly chair there. There are hipsters everywhere. They are smoking and throwing their butts into the chair. They invite me to sit in it. They are offended when I don't want to sit in ashes. Plus the chair smells like cat piss. They kick me out of the party. They laugh. I'm mad that they kicked me out even though I hated it in there. Outside is the subway station. Tracks switching back and forth. I have to stand on the rail and get hit by the train in order to catch it. Wait for it. Wait for it. Maybe if I walk this way it will come faster? Don't fall off the track. I hear it. It is definitely the F train. I can see it's orange circle, but it isn't getting any closer. We're just staring at each other. I wish I had given that man my card. Even though I think he was asking someone on the phone. Come to think of it, I couldn't be sure that he had seen me at all.

Dream loops back to the begining. Riding buses. Riding buses all night long, away from friends crying in alleyways...

Sleep should be better tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger X said...

Makes sense to me.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter