Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Love Fest Continues

It just felt so damn good to talk about the things I love that I would like to add to the list.

PBS. I love everything about PBS- even its obnoxious pledge drives. It is funny how they always run those programs during pledge drive where experts talk at an audience for two hours. Some of them suck, but then there's Dr. Christiane Northrup who I wish could be MY doctor. She's sassy. But then there's Nova, Charlie Rose, and even that voice over guy from Frontline. Sometimes I watch Frontline just to listen to him talk. Hell- I even like Alan Alda's Scientific American. I'm such a geek. I love watching hours and hours of New York: A Documentray and The History of Rock and Roll. I love Cyberchase- dude, we're beating Hacker at his game! C'mon, Christopher Lloyd is Hacker- you gotta love that! Postcards from Buster, Arthur, Clifford, even Maya & Miguel, PBS whoops ass.

The guys at Sullivan's day camp. They rock. It is so cool to see young men who work with kids and love it. These guys are funny, joyful, and incredibly good to my kid. They run a tight ship and the kids love them. Sullivan wants to be just like them when he grows up. Good. What's even nicer is that one of them told me that he hopes that when he has kids that his kids are just like Sullivan. What a really nice thing to say.

The Scrimshaw Brothers (Joshua and Joseph) of Minneapolis, MN. I had the pleasure of working with them for a few years before I moved to New York- and, to be honest, I don't think I would have come here without their encouragement. In particular, Joe has been a great influence and support- even though he doesn't really know it. I've said it once, and I will say it again- see anything he does. Brilliantly funny, simultaneously intelligent and disgustingly low brow with a disturbing amount of class and truth. Go to Minneapolis now and see them do something. Go see them drink, its fun.

Dunkin Donuts gigantic iced latte. Dude, this thing is as big as my head and I don't have to give up Sullivan's college fund to get it.

Okay, now I'm just avoiding house cleaning. Time to go pick up toys so they can be thrown all over my house again later this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter